Wednesday 25 March 2015

Sydney, civilisation and financial ruin!

We had spent 2 months forking out less than a total of £20 a day on food and accommodation, for both of us.  We spent the same getting from Sydney airport to our hostel in The Rocks.

This was all to be expected, it's all just hard to take when previously traveling for so little, this was exacerbated by then handing over the best part of £300 for 4 days in a couple of dorm beds!!

We both needed a little air and a reality check, we strolled outside and were soon enjoying the sights and sounds of Sydney.  In no time at all I fell for the city's charms, I've never understood the infatuation people have tried to convey to me, I'm not sure I can put my finger on it either to be honest... In fact I'm going to abstain from trying, suffice to say I could totally imagine living and working there.





Days passed, we did classic ferry rides, wandered the city's streets, shops and beaches, spent little, drank little and honed budget food shopping and hostel cooking skills.

Despite all our best efforts and wishes, our strict budgeting would not allow us to linger in the city any longer.  Our first big money saver would be on our long trip south to Melbourne...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Peak bagging